Saturday, November 20, 2010

One of those days

I'm having one of those days. Quite amazing really as my feet have only been on the floor for approximately 55mins but still, all I want to do right now is run and hide somewhere and not come back for a good few hours.

I love my kids for all they are, but sometimes I sit and wonder where the heck i've gone wrong. How is it that i've stuff up so badly in the last 6yrs? Yes, this Mumma has hit her wits end this week, and i'm not ashamed to admit it.

I'm a keep it real kind of person these days. No point in glossing over the shit and making myself out to be some kind of super woman who can pull it all off without breaking a sweat and can still be a domestic Goddess whilst doing it all.

That is NOT me.

My house is not 'display home' perfection. We have too much shit everywhere for it to be that. My cooking skills really leave a lot to be desired, so Nigella I'm not (thank goodness cause I really can't stand that woman!) . I do like to have time away from my kids, as I feel like it helps me to be a better Mum when we have those little breaks. Distance makes the heart grow fonder and all that right? LOL Sure I might miss them when i'm not with them, but sometimes my sanity just NEEDS those times alone.

Today is one of those days.

I struggle with things on an almost daily basis, but you know what, at least we are all clean, have a roof over our heads, have food in our bellies (might not always be the best, but better than none right?) and even with all their craziness, fighting, whinging and carrying on, I love my kids to the Moon and back ;)

And even with my craziness, it would appear that they love me too. Well for now anyway. I'll get back to you on that when they have hit the teenage years.







No comments: