Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I'm Bored

Yes, I know. I'm a mother of 3, have a house to look after, a husband who is still recovering of surgery but I hate to say it. I'M BORED!

My brain is going to mush. It just doesn't get used in the way that it used to, and i'm starting to wonder if i'm every going to use it properly again LOL The big boys are happily playing, the little boy is currently swinging his way into the land of nod, and i'm on here trying to decide what on earth to do with this beautiful day.

I think my biggest problem right now is the lack of adult conversation. Now don't get me wrong, I love being online and talking to my friends on here, but I am craving the act of talking in person. These days I think we all rely on the internet so much for our social contact that people have forgotten the art of actually talking with our mouths, rather than our fingers LOL Why is that? Is it because we are so used to technology that seems to take over our lives? Or is it because its just easier? I have friends who are in the same area as me (like 5min drive!), and I talk to them more online than I ever see them in person.

Maybe I should just pull my fingers off of the keyboard and actually suggest meeting in person. Yes, now there's an idea, now if only I could get over some of the hurdles that I seem to have placed on myself, it might actually happen LOL My biggest problem is wondering if they just want to be by themselves, and that is why they stick to the internet. I swear, its crazy times in my head LOL

I did have some adult time the other day and it was so nice! I went to a scrapbooking demo at a friend's house (LOL another friend who I have spoken to more online than I have in person, and we are only about 10min drive, if that!). Then spent the rest of the day with another new friend, and had a great time. I think that's why i'm craving it now. I had a taste the other day, and now I want more LMAO!! That always happens when I get together with friends, because it just doesn't happen often enough anymore.

Yesterday I even had the brief moment of wondering if I should go back to work! At least then I would have that outlet of talking to people. Only problem is, childcare costs would make it not worth doing. And i'd miss my babies, and oh dear LOL vicious cycle isn't it?

Well, this is still not getting us out of the house! Off to get organised :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh I'm VERY grateful you were bored today Mandi (Mandi and the boys came to visit me today - YAY!!!). You make a very good point. Why do we just stay at home and deprive ourselves of much needed adult company? I do it because I 'blame' the fact that I can't drive, but even that is an excuse, isn't it?... Anyway it was a fantastic day and it was great to see you all. We had a BALL!