Monday, October 20, 2008

End of the day thoughts

Wow, 2 posts in one day. Wonder how many times that will happen.

I should be in bed. Its currently 11:30pm, and tomorrow is going to be an interesting day that i'm not exactly sure I want to actually start. Why? Well that would be because Mr B is having surgery. He is having his gallbladder removed after a very nasty attack last Thursday which landed him in hospital for 2 nights.

Now we have been here before, except the roles were reversed. It has always been me who is in the hospital bed, on the operating table, going through the nasty stuff. But now it is his turn and I don't like it. I so wish he didn't have to go through any of this, the pain, the surgery, the recovery. But I also have to remember there is nothing that I can do to stop it from happening.

You know what, its not easy being the person in the lucky seat (or should that be bed?), but I am now getting to feel what he has gone through so many times now being in the visitor's chair.

The boys, well I don't think they quite realise yet that Daddy is going back to hospital tomorrow. None of them copped particularly well for the 2 night he was in before, so it will be very interesting tomorrow night to see how they go.

Good luck to my sweet Mr B!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fingers crossed for Mr B that all things went well and that he is well on the way to recovery!
Thinking of Mr B as well as you and the boys.