Thursday, August 18, 2011

Homework Nightmares

Who the hell would have thought it. Homework has become an absolute nightmare in this house. Why am I so shocked you ask? Well mainly for the fact that HE IS IN YEAR ONE!

Kill me now for the love of the Universe, if this is how things are going to be already what is it going to be like as Master L gets older?

In reality, its not that much work, but its the trial of getting him to do it that is killing me and at the same time, making me want to maim his teacher and the system for giving them homework. Not that I don't agree with homework, sure it does have its place but why does it have to haunt me so?

One sheet of spelling words, a maths or english sheet and that is it for the week. Plus then we have a reader every night. Sounds easy right? Well, Master L seems to have taken after his ever loving Dad aka Mr Procrastinator! The words 'ohh i'll just do that part tomorrow' rings through the house every afternoon, usually followed quickly by my words of 'I don't think so Mister!'

So much for trying to instill the 'do it now, get it over and done with' school of thought. It doesn't seem to be working. Guess I should put my 'keep persisiting' undies on, cause goodness knows, we have a loooong road ahead of us yet. Better pass that bottle!


No comments: