Saturday, June 25, 2011

Touching a Life

I did something this morning, that I have now done twice this year. Infact, only twice in my life have I ever done this, and it has both been in the last six months. You know what, I hope I don't have to do it again for a very long time.




This morning I attended a balloon release to say 'see ya later' to a very sweet little boy who passed away just over a week ago from Leukemia. He was 6yrs old. But you know what, even though he was so very young, and taken from this world way too soon, he has touched so many peoples hearts. Including mine.

It has made me ponder this morning, just how some people touch our lives. Sure there are some who touch them in not so great ways. They pretty much feel like they are thumping you rather than touching! But then there are others who come in, make a lasting impression and are then gone again as fast as they entered.

There are others who we hold onto and through thick and thin, they stay with us constantly touching our lives in many difference ways. I am so blessed to have a small group of women who have touched my life, and have made me a far better person for it.

So girls, you know who you are, I thank you so much for being my friends. I love you all so very much and i'm so very lucky to have you all!!

(ok... I promise i'll stop sopping now... bucket on Aisle 3!)

2 comments:

Annieb25 said...

That is just so sad. So many people have touched my heart & I hope I've done the same for them. Thank you for such a touching post.

Bec said...

The death of a child is wrong. Just so wrong. I'm sure he's looking down on those balloons smiling and knowing that he has touched the life of your family in many ways that will stay with you forever.