No I don't mean should I get all my stuff out right now and go and do a page LOL No i'm talking more than that. I'm talking about whether or not I should become a Scrapbooking Consultant again.
I have an opportunity at the moment to become a consultant with the same crew that I did back in 2002, but this time I don't have to pay the upfront fee that is required. But it comes with a condition, that I have to have booked a certain number of demo's within a certain time frame. If I don't, then I have to pay the upfront fee.
Now I have no worries in doing the actual scrapbooking. I LOVE it. I LOVE the product that they sell, I think its the best stuff out there, but my problem is do I know enough people to get to come to demo's etc. to make it all worthwhile?
The reason why I stopped doing it last time was at the time I was not well, I also had pretty much zero confidence level and was flat out even talking to most people let alone actually telling them about the scrapbooking. It was good though as I was able to get all my products for both myself and Mum at the wholesale price and saved us a lot, so was definitely worth it.
But, can I do it again? Can I make it work this time? I'm excited and yet terrified at the same time LOL Damn this brain of mine and the way that it worries. I REALLY have to work on that. Heck sometimes you just have to jump right? I've certainly got a lot more experience these days with scrapbooking. Last time I'd only been doing it for maybe 12mths before I became a consultant.
Maybe this is my time to jump?
Since this blog is my therapy session LOL here is my list of pros and cons:
- I LOVE to help people. If I can help teach people to make to get their precious memories into photo safe albums, and make them look good at the same time, whilst having fun doing it then that is definitely a pro!
- I would be able to make new friends, meet all sorts of different people
- The products I need to do my own albums, i'd get at a reduced price (wholesale)
- I'd be passionate about it because I do love scrapbooking. It's easy to do something that you actually love :)
- We have the space here now to be able to hold classes here at home. I've got a big tressel table, chairs, plenty of room, good lighting, nice and cool, enough space that if Mum's had to bring their kids there is plenty of play areas/toys etc. (have I told you how much I love our house? LOL)
- I'd be able to do it around the kids and their needs. It's not full time work, but i'd still be able to bring some income into the family.
- Do I know enough people who would be interested to get started? I know it only takes a couple of people, who know a couple of people, who know a few more people who would be interested. But it's still that initial fear of 'who do I ask?'
- I have to make a certain number of sales every month (or could be every two months I cannot remember right at this time) to be able to continue being a consultant. What happens if I have a quiet month or what happens if I don't find anyone who is interested?
So. Why is it so hard to jump?